[LW2] Void Specialist
Last revision: 7 May at 10:31 UTC
It has been quite sometime since I’ve last updated a mod for XCOM 2. So given that Long War 2 is now a thing and holy hell it is quite overwhelming at times. I’ve decided to give one of my favourite class an update: Void Specialist.
– Spectre Phantom’s death is counted as a ‘Dead Soldier’
– Void Zombies’ death is ALSO counted as a ‘Dead Soldier’
– The Soldier’s pose
– The stat screen doesn’t display soldier’s PSI Offense/Hacking Stat unique to both Psi Operatives and Specialists
– Remove Projection doesn’t remove Spectre’s projection. It’s only a visual bug as the game will still count it as dead. Spectre will disappear if killed by other means.
Remaining bugs such as ‘Infinite Charges’, ‘Invincible Spectre’ and a bunch of other stuff should be fixed.
Ever wanted a ‘Magician’ Class for XCOM 2? Or have you ever wanted an alternative to the LW 2 version of Psi Operatives? Introducing ‘Void Specialist’! A class that uses a VOID Amps as a Primary Weapon! This class is basically inspired by my own game weaved into XCOM.
Do note that Void Specialists comes with their OWN version of Psi Amps called ‘Void Amps’.
The final tier ‘Magnus Void Amp’ can be obtained after researching Gatekeeper’s Autopsy.
LW 2 Void Specialist abilities has been buffed in general to suit the harder environments of LW2.
Void Return & Discharge are the standard abilities of Void Specialists and they each have 2 turn cooldown.
– Void Return’s Damage is pegged to LW2’s Main Weapon Tiers (Ballistic, Magnetic & Plasma – No Coil/Laser), but with a different spread. The aim is now calculated through standard aim instead of melee. Void Return now acts like a projectile, can target both Organic and Mechanical Enemies. Very low chance to deal disorientation.
– Discharge now deals GUARANTEED damage like Combat Protocol. Damage is pegged to Combat Protocol. 2 Turns Cooldown. Very low chance to deal Stun.
Over here I’ll place an excerpt for all the new abilities added.
Mind Purge – Removes all Mental ailments from an ally.
Suspension – Place an enemy/ally under stasis. Enemies OR Allies under Suspension will heal for +3 HP.
Target Assessment – Taken from my Lone Wolf Class. This ability marks all enemies in radius, increasing your aim by 15. Target Assessment also results in enemy rupture by 2 damage. 3 time use only.
Possession – Like Domination except for Mechanical Enemies. Possession allows you to permanently take control of a mechanical enemy. Chance of possession is calculated by your Hack Stat vs enemies Hack Defense Stat. Failure to possess will incur a 3 turn cooldown.
Void Corruption – For the opportunistic cost of giving up AOE attacks that can hit mechanical enemies as well, you have access to a slightly more powerful Single Target Psionic Attack with a measly 3 turn cooldown. Also comes with a 50% chance of stunning an opponent! The downside is that Void Corruption will only work on ORGANIC targets.
Irregularity – It works similar to Void Rift in concept but quite different. Irregularity comes in 2 stages. It has a 6 turn cooldown.
– Stage 1 of Irregularity will deal normal AOE damage to all units caught in the field.
– Stage 2 of Irregularity will occur ONE TURN LATER which will deal another weaker AOE damage to all units caught AND deal either: Disorientation/Panic/Mind Control. Irregularity Stage 2 also has a slightly higher chance of causing Mind Control compared to Void Rift’s Insanity. It will also deal SIGNIFICANT AOE Environmental damage. All structures & cover caught within the orb WILL BE OBLITERATED! Be warned!
That’s all! If you have bugs or issues with this mod. Do leave a comment as I have only extensively tested it in Debug Mode on some of the missions. Have yet to bring it for a full spin on a campaign. Unfortunately I’ll be away for a few weeks so I won’t be able to update this mod or read your comments. But once I’m back, I’ll be sure to read all the comments and fix the bugs – If it’s in my ability to do so.
Hope you enjoy!