[WOTC] New Promotion Screen by Default
Last revision: 29 Nov at 18:40 2017 UTC
This will only work with War of the Chosen!
War of the chosen has two promotion interfaces. The old and trusted two column one and the slick new horizontal one that you get for Resistance Heroes and from the Training Centre. This mod eliminates the use of the old promotion interface for visual consistency.
You must have built a Training Centre in order to buy abilities with points. Without it it will simply allow you to select rankup abilities.
As a consequence SPARKs can now buy extra skills with XCom AP like a normal soldier could. They don’t gain a line of XCom Abilities though.
Psi Operatives keep their old upgrade screen because they have their own unique promotion system.
Entering the promotion screen while on the gamepad control scheme crashes the game.
This mod overrides UIArmory_PromotionHero and will almost certainly not work with any other mod that overrides it.
You can edit the XComPromotionUIMod.ini file to change some options.
* Setting APRequiresTrainingCenter to false will let you spend AP on abilities without needing to build a Training Center
* Setting RevealAllAbilities to true will show you abilities that would normally be hidden because a soldier lacks the ranks.
This mod will try to look at a class’ ability data and try to switch between 1, 2 or 3 abilities per rank automatically. However if that is not enough or not working as you need it you can manually override this behaviour with a .ini setting. Additionally you can change the cost of specific perks for a class.
Read this topic for details.
* Robojumper who helped get this started, helped solve bugs and who is just generally a very helpful person to other modders.
* Musashi who contributed the additional abilities per rank and brigadier rank support.
* GingerAvalanche who contributed a compatibility feature for other mods who inherit from PromotionUI classes
This mods code is available under the MIT license on Github