[WOTC] Trainable Sparks (and other Buffs)
Last revision: 2 Feb at 21:23 UTC
WotC was one step forward, two steps back for SPARKs, getting an aim buff and weapon upgrades but not gaining access to all the new toys the other soliders can. This mod aims to address this issue!
- As in the mod title, access to the training center. They get four random "XCOM" cross-class abilities as regular soliders do.
- Weapon Breakthroughs. Instead of getting their individual breakthroughs, they share the love with grenadiers and get the +1 damage and additional upgrade slot with the "Cannon" breakthrough research projects. After all, their weapons are all referred to as cannons as well.
- PCS Slot, self explanatory.
- Ammunition Pocket. This is an ammunition only utility slot, and the reason why the Ammo Pocket Fix mod is required, without that fix the pocket will do nothing!
- Hack Progression. They get an additional 5 to hack (to 15) as Squires, advancing to a total of 55 Hack as Champions, the same as Corporal level Specialists. Obviously this is before accounting for Enemy Protocols, gremlin/bit level, etc. This makes their remote hack more usable, but they won’t be taking control of Sectopods on a regular basis, for example.
Bit hack bonus now shows in the Armoury in the same way as the Gremlin bonus for Specialists. Based on similar fix in Sparks Rebalanced by permission, which itself was based on this mod. Isn’t cross pollination grand?
If this mod is activated part way through a campaign, already built Sparks won’t fully benefit. They won’t gain the hack progression for levels they have already been promoted through (including the +5 at Squire), or the Ability Points for prior promotions. Also, the Squire base abilities won’t be displayed as neatly for existing SPARKs in the training screen, but that’s just a cosmetic issue.The XCOM abilities, Ammo pocket, PCS and weapon breakthroughs will apply in full though.
If Mod Config Menu is installed, there is an option to contron if Spark cannons benefit from the existing Cannon breakthroughs. This may be useful if you are using another mod which adds breakthroughs specifically for Spark weapons or similar. This can also be changed via a .ini edit if MCM is not installed.
I have excluded certain cross-class abilities for practical reasons from Sparks (for example, "Volatile Mix" since they can’t equip grenades). If anyone notices other cross-class abilities which are not appropriate for Sparks, post below.
This in game UI is fully localised for all the languages supported by XCom 2. This involved copy/paste from the "Shen’s Last Gift" localisation, so if any non-English language users spot any errors, give us a shout. The MCM options menu is currently only localized in English and French. Feel free to contribute to expanding on this!
- WOTC Compatible (non-WOTC versions also exist if appropriate)
- Cinematic Rapid Fire, which gives Rapid Fire and Chain Shot their cinematic camera back which was removed in the patch ages ago. Also gives the Reaper Banish ability the same improved look.
- Less Overwatch Lock Ups!, which attempts to fix the visualization lockups during complex Overwatch/Reaction fire situations.
- Shaken Scars are Back! The name says it all, but to those who weren’t around for the first couple of months of XCom2, a feature was bugged out in a patch and never fixed, which randomly scarred shaken soldiers. This now means some, but not all, gravely wounded soldiers, not the "new" WotC shaken fatigue status.
- Train from Armoury allows normal soldiers to jump straight to training from the armoury, just as faction soldiers can. The Training Center is still required to be built first of course!
- Ability Interaction Fixes, which fixes up "Death from Above" and "Serial" not proccing from second shot kills of "Chain Fire"/"Rapid Fire" and some other ability interaction issues.
- Original High Hit Dodge Behaviour, which restores the pre-patch behaviour where Hit chance over 100 gradually eliminated dodge chance, not immediately made dodges impossible once Hit chance is 100 or more.
- In conjuction wtih sebkulu,WOTC – Extended Information!, an enhanced, rewritten version of Perfect Information. Includes full list of enemy abilities as well as a stat list, as well as the classic features of the "shot bar" and stats in flyovers.
- Non-WOTC Only
- Armoury Navigation Fixes, the navigation bar issues this mod fixed are now not bugged in WOTC.