Templar Psion Class
Last revision: 1 May at 01:34 UTC
There are some Templars who believe that nothing so vulgar as an automatic pistol should be used by a true psionic warrior. Instead, they’ve adopted XCOM’s Psi Amp technology and merged it with their own, allowing them to unlock even more formidable psionic talents.
The Templar Psion class is an additional class for the Templars. Newly created Templars will have a random chance to be a Templar Psion instead.
- Instead of Volt, Templar Psions get a version of Insanity that costs 1 focus but has no cooldown. Their other Squaddie-level abilities are the same as a regular Templar.
- At Corporal level, Templar Psions can choose between Soulfire, Amplify, and Stasis, which all cost 1 focus to use.
- At Sergeant level, they get Overcharge or Stasis Shield.
- At Lieutenant level, they get Parry, Solace, Sustain, or Deep Focus.
- At Captain level, they get Schism, Fortress, or Rapid Soulfire, which allows the use of Soulfire without ending the turn.
- At Major level, they get Domination or Inspire, both of which cost 1 focus.
- And at Corporal level, they get either Null Lance or Void Rift, both of which cost 2 focus, or Supreme Focus, which allows a 4th level of Focus.
Like a Psi Operative, a Templar Psion does not get randomized XCOM perks.
Make sure you have the Multiple Faction Soldier Classes mod installed, or Templar Psions won’t show up!
You won’t see a Psi stat because the game is hardcoded to only show it for Psi Operatives. You can use my UI mod to fix that.