Immersive Strategy Layer
Last revision: 1 Nov at 01:41 2018 UTC
This mod improves the user experience in the Strategy layer by blocking unnecessary popups, videos, and animations. Check out the included video to see it in action. All features in the mod are optional.
- Skip Unnecessary Popups – Skip popup UI alerts that don’t convey meaningful info. Choose which popups are blocked in ISL_Settings.ini. You can add and remove the popup events being blocked in the mod’s INI file. See the section below for more information.
- Skip Avatar Camera Pan – Skip the camera pan & game pause when avatar project makes progress.
- Skip Armor Intro Movies – Skip the movies that play once every campaign and introduce each armor set.
- Skip Class Intro Movies – Skip the movies that play once every campaign and introduce each class. Also applies to DLC classes.
- Skip Geoscape Animation on Enter – Skip the bright animation that plays when entering the Geoscape. It expands outwards from the center of the map in a circular pattern.
- Instant Room Transitions – Instantly move between rooms in the Avenger. Imported from the Instant Avenger Menus mod.
- Avatar Pause Multiplier – Multiply the pauses during Avatar Project alerts by this percentage This setting is ignored if SkipAvatarPan is set to ‘true’. Imported from the Instant Avenger Menus mod.
- Skip Hologlobe Dissolve Animation – Skip the animation when zooming into/out of the Hologlobe. Imported from the Instant Avenger Menus mod.
By default, the mod excludes the information-only popups (UIAlerts) below:
- eAlert_ClassEarned – Occurs when a soldier is promoted in the Armory interface. This popup shows you the ability they receive on being promoted, but is purely informational in nature. Recommended if you have SkipClassIntroMovies enabled
- eAlert_TimeSensitiveMission – Occurs when you are offered a time-sensitive mission and choose to continue scanning instead of take it
- eAlert_MissionExpired – Occurs when a time-sensitive mission expires
- eAlert_AlienFacility – Occurs when aliens just built a facility. This is already shown as an Avatar Project bar notification
- eAlert_DarkEvent – Occurs when a Dark event activates
- eAlert_StaffSlotFilled – Occurs when you assign an Avenger staffer (engineer, scientist) to a staff slot
- eAlert_BuildSlotFilled – Occurs when you assign an Avenger staffer (engineer, scientist) to a build slot
- eAlert_ResourceCacheComplete – Occurs when scanning completes on the monthly supply drop
You can find more alerts to add to this list by enabling the mod’s Debug Logging feature. After the popup is triggered, check your Launch.log file for this text:
"Blocked UIAlert: <alert name>" The alert name will be listed there, and usually begins with "eAlert".
- Occasionally, you may not hear the ‘Scanning Start’ sound effect in the Geoscape. The sound is blocked on purpose when resuming the game after a blocked popup, so that it isn’t spammed multiple times in a row.
- The X2WOTCCommunityHighlander version 1.9 or higher is required for this mod to work.
- Instant Avenger Menus (all features included in this mod)
- [WOTC] Train from Armoury
This mod supports, but does not require, the Mod Config Menu. This allows you to adjust the settings in-game. To access this menu, go to ‘Options’, then click the ‘Mod Settings’ button.
See the ‘Change Notes’ tab for version information and patch notes. See the Mod Updates Thread for more detailed patch information.
- BlueRaja, IphStich, and Ketchi – Instant Avenger Menus mod creators. Portions of that mod’s codebase are included in Immersive Strategy Layer.
- Mr. Nice – Concept of the Timer Actor workaround for my static function
- robojumper – Assistance with my Highlander hooks and invaluable input on blocking cinematics called from Flash.
- Herofonts – Font used in the mod preview images
- Anyone in the XCOM Modding Discord who has been of help. Thanks for helping keep the game alive!